Sunday, February 3, 2013

I have a new obsession!!!

I know its been so so long since I've posted anything.....issues issues issues....most of which have been resolved and now i can get back to doing things that I love....like blogging!!! Now to my new obsession....Filofax!!!! I know its been around forever....in fact I first learned about Filofax back in 1991....the price ran me straight to Day Runner! :)

Last year my obsession for planning and organizing led me Erin Condren life planners. It was first time in all my years of using planners that I used one faithfully and nearly everyday. She was so much fun! She made me smile everytime I looked at her. It was the first time I had a totally customized planner just for me and I couldn't help but smile everytime I needed to jot something down. I swore that I was a life time life planner user. I am, but this year I want something a little different. Oh I'll probably get another Erin Condren next year....maybe.....but I didn't have as much money to spend this year on a planner as I did last year. So I decided to look around and see what my options were with my limited budget. I even though about creating my own planner, but the cost of making one the way I wanted was more than just buying one already made. I looked at all the big brands....read countless blogs....and watched a ton of YouTube videos and discovered an entire Filofax community! I loved how the people were all excited about their Filo's and I loved how they were able to find cool ways to customize them. I loved how they were able to rearrange the internals to suit their needs and how much the binders are able to hold. I've also been looking at other ways of staying organized and together so I decided I wanted a planner that I could use as a wallet too. Filofax looked to fit that need too. I started back to school recently and I wanted to have a way to stay on top of my assignments and keep up with everything else in my life. About 6 years ago I bought a little Franklin Covey dayone 360 planner. It was nice but within a month of buying it I stopped using it. It just didn't fit me and I wasn't thinking that I could change it. So I recently found that old binder and some of the inserts, made some changes, added and subtracted a few things and now I'm using it....until....my Filofax comes!!! I went to the Filofax website and they are having a 60% off sale!!! I told my husband and he said "Get one! You don't wanna miss out on that sale!" So guess what.....I ordered a personal sized Dakota with an extra set of todo sheets and a set of financial sheets....with shipping....for guess how much....come on....guess....:).....OK....UNDER $40!!!! Only $38.50 to be exact! Their warehouse is closed for inventory now and orders won't ship until the 7th so I'm trying to wait patiently while I use my wanna be filo!! :) Once it comes I may do an unboxing video or at least post photos here. I loved my Erin Condren planner, for sure, and I got tons of compliments on it....even from Erin herself! But I wanted to feel a little more professional this year with splashes of color and fun mixed in....and the Filofax community has shown me the way!

Saw ya! <3 :)

No comments: