Sunday, December 14, 2008

Time heals all wounds....

Whew! What a day it's been and I'm only half way through it. It started off kinda shaky and got worse the more I opened my eyes and let my day start. My daughter woke me up asking for breakfast. So I stumble out of bed (I like to sleep in on Sundays) and make my way to the kitchen. Once there I resembled that home alone kid. My kitchen looked like a bomb of tomato sauce went off! I wanted to cry! There was stuff EVERYWHERE and not a clean dish to be seen. My husband made his famous chili and homemade mac & cheese last night and left a HUGE mess. So in my dismay, I told her to get a couple of pop tarts and call it a morning. My son did the same thing and grabbed some pop tarts. Then I turn around to go to the bathroom and I notice the living room. OMG!!! It looks like a kidnado blew through! I am still feeling the effects of the cortisone shot I had to get earlier in the week, so the rage was starting to come out. I hollered and yelled about the condition of the house and put everyone to work. My husband had to do something for his grandmother so he was off the hook. So the three of us went to work. The kids swept and cleaned the living room and I cleaned the kitchen and started the laundry. All the while, my mood was not improving because my football team was losing to losers!!!! I am a die hard San Diego Charger fan and to see them lose to a team like the chiefs was NOT GOOD. I know that statement may anger some KC fans, but right now I don't care. My favorite Ladanian Tomlison shirt that I wear for every game was dirty and in the washer. Everytime I don't wear my shirt for a game, they lose. I still had to get it in the dryer before I could put it on and my Chargers were getting beaten badly. So I keep busy until I can put the clothes in the dryer. Buzz!! The washer's done so I hurrily grab the clothes and throw them in the dryer. About 40 minutes later, and my Chargers were losing 21 to 3, I grabbed my shirt outta the dryer and put it on right there in the laundry room. By that time the 3rd quarter was almost over. I was keeping tabs on the game through my computer, so when I came back to see that we had scored, I knew things were starting to turn around. Hard to believe that was only 4 hours after my daughter woke me up. Time marched on and my Chargers won the game. Aaaahhh. That's better. Hey, my husband's home! And he brought presents! Yay! I start to feel better, but an immediate feeling of guilt came over me at the same time. I was so mean to my babies earlier that I had to explain to them what was going with me. They knew about my back hurting, but they didn't know I went to the doctor or that I got a cortisone shot. They're so sweet. I asked if they noticed a change in my mood and my daughter says "yeah, you've been crabby" OMG! So I gather them up in my arms and apologize profusely for yelling at them. I told them I loved them and showered them with kisses and they hugged and kissed me back. After our little scene I noticed the time....
Wow I do feel better and it's 6 plus hours since my baby girl woke me up. Time really does work for healing wounds because I was certainly feeling wounded this morning.

No comments: